Tuesday 27 November 2012

November She Said Beauty box - first impressions


Firstly, I apologise for how late this is. I've been pretty busy with university related stuff and it's also been my birthday. Sorry!

I've been subscribed to She Said Beauty since April of this year. To me it feels like a little present each month and I really love presents. I chose She Said Beauty as it seemed to be the most consistent in providing  products that I'd be interested in using and with the exception of one box it has confirmed that I made the right decision. Here are my first impressions on the November box.





Yardley Royal English Daisy EDT
 I feel like there's been a perfume sample in every box since I subscribed. This is probably not the case but I am a little a bit sick of them. I tend to keep them in my handbag for if I need to top-up my scent during the day or for if I forget to put perfume in altogether. I find these particular types of vial difficult to deal with as I usually end up with half the product over my fingers after eventually getting the stopper out. The scent itself smells like an artificial melon sort of smell. The sort that you smell on melon lollipops. This is quite sickly and not really a 'winter fragrance' as such.


Murray's Manicure Matchbook Nail Files
First of all I love the candy-striped patern on these. It makes them much better looking than the normal, plain nail files that are usually in boring colours. These will be really useful for me. Being in a long distance relationship, I love having products like this to take with me when I stay at my boyfriend's. I always seem to have some nail-related disaster when I'm with him too, these mini files will be perfect. I was shocked to find that there were 15 of these too. 

 So...? Brit Body Spray
First of all I absolutely hate the look of these canisters. They look cheap and tacky and that immediately puts me off using this product. The scent of all body sprays in this range, from what I remember, is similar. They're all very overpowering and sweet. When I first sprayed it, it burnt my eyes. Not something that anyone over the age of 15 would wear really. I'll probably end up giving this product to a younger relative. 

Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream
I was really excited to see this product in my box as I love trying night creams and moisturisers. My excitement continued when I realised it was rose scented. I absolutely adore rose scented skincare products. My moisturiser is rose, my eye cream is rose, my current night cream is rose, I just can't get enough. The size of this sample is good too, especially considering the miniscule sachets given out in last month's box. The little tube reminded me of that Primula spreadable cheese where you use the lid to pierce the foil so you can get the product out. Anyway, there's also 25% off at their website (here) with the code SHESAID.


Makebelieve Bronzer
I've never heard of this cosmetics company before and I enjoy trying new brands so this is quite an exciting product. I don't actually own a bronzer either as my other ran out months ago and I've never got around to replacing it. The colour is quite subtle which is nice as I find a lot of people seem to go over the top on their bronzer and it suits my skin tone perfectly. The fact it comes with a built in mirror and a little brush is great too and makes this a good product to travel with. The brush is so unbelievably soft! So pleased. There is a 30% off code for this brand's website (here) too. The code is SHESAID30 if anyone is interested. 

Redken Smooth Lock Shampoo & Conditioner
While I will use these samples just to say I've actually used them and got my moneys worth out of the box, the samples aren't big enough to see any results. 

This box is much better than last month's as the majority of the samples are a decent size. I'm most excited about the bronzer and the night cream. The So...? body spray probably interests me the least and will be the only product I won't use. I'm remaining subscribed and, even though I feel like the quality of the products has slipped a little, I'm looking forward to the December box.

No comments:

Post a Comment