Tuesday 30 April 2013

What's In My April 2013 Glossybox?


Firstly, if this post seems somewhat half-arsed, I apologise. This box is the 'I don't even care' box. Every month I'm normally really excited for my Glossybox and this month I wasn't any different. My payment went out early in the month and I thought my Glossybox would be dispatched a week or so after. Wrong. This box felt like it took forever to get to me. Normally I'm not an impatient person but the wait was made worse by seeing that the more popular bloggers had already received their's. My excitement dwindled as I was basically waiting for a box which I could guess half the contents of. I understand Glossybox sending the boxes out to popular bloggers, if it's a good box more people will be likely to buy in, it's just irritating that they send them a week or so before the others. I know the sooner they send them, the more chance they have of people buying that month's Glossybox but if they just sent them all out at a similar time early in the month they'd still have a large window where people could purchase the box and they'd receive less of the grumpy comments. It doesn't take a marketing genius to work that out. Anyway, here's what I got...

Essie Nail Lacquer in Sugar Daddy
I've never used an Essie polish before so I was pretty pleased when I saw this. The colour is very pale and takes quite a few coats to become opaque. It's a very pretty, subtle colour on its own and I can imagine it looking great in a French manicure. The brush is really thick so it's easy to cover the whole nail in a couple of strokes. I don't have another colour like this so it's a welcome addition to my collection. 

Richard Ward Optimiser Style Reviver
I used to hate the idea of getting hair products in my boxes but now I've become open to doing something with my excessive amount of blonde hair I don't really mind. This product is meant to add shine and volume. I tipped my head upside down and sprayed it on my roots and it did give me a little bit more volume. The product says it's best suited for normal/fine hair and mine is extremely thick so maybe that's why I didn't see more of a result. The fact this product is a 'style reviver' sort of makes me think it's for when you can't be bothered to wash your hair... It's a good sample size and I'll keep using it to see if I get any better results.

Yves Rocher Nutritive Vegetal 24H Nourishing Cream
Firstly the name of this product cracks me up. 'Nutritive Vegetal 24H Nourishing Cream' okay, so a moisturiser then. The 'vegetal' part just makes me think of cabbage. Anyway, this doesn't smell like cabbage. It's almost fragrance free but there is a tiny bit of a scent that I can't put my finger on. I'll probably use this when my boyfriend and I go on a mini-break next month to save me taking my regular moisturiser. 

Balance Me Radiance Face Mask
My favourite thing about this product is that it came sealed. It had a little piece of foil over the edge - like a tooth paste or a tube of Primula cheese. I like this because it means the product won't go hideous and dry (last month my Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream did exactly that). Most of the time face masks make my skin erupt. However, I've heard so many good things about this face mask that I am actually willing to take the risk and use it. I've tried a few products from this brand and I like them all so I hope this one will be just as good. 

Nip + Fab Mango Smoothie Dry Skin Fix Body Butter
I love when things smell fruity and mango is one of my favourite scents. This really does smell good enough to eat. It doesn't sit on the skin and make you feel greasy or sticky like some body butters do. I'm interested to smell the other body butters in their range and I might even end up buying some.

So that's it. I do genuinely like the contents of this month's box and the box itself it really pretty. I was just put off by the amount of time I had to wait and the fact I basically already knew what was in it. One of the best things about the beauty box service for me is the element of surprise and excitement. If this month replays itself again next month I'll probably end up cancelling unfortunately. Do you think popular bloggers should get their boxes early? Talk to me in the comments! Hope everyone has a good week.


6 comments:

  1. My box was pretty bad, I didnt like anything in the box and I didnt receive the nail varnish even though thats my top preference. I was really annoyed because whats the point of filling out the beauty profile if they dont use it. Yours looked really good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that no Irish subscribers got the nail varnish due to something involving the post (not even sure how that explains it but it seems really stupid). I think it's clear that they just don't care about the beauty profile and use it as a sort of marketing ploy to gain more subscribers under the pretence that they'll actually customise the box.

      Delete
  2. i love the smell of Nip + Fab Mango Smoothie Dry Skin Fix Body Butter, it's worth using

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is really good! I'm curious to smell the pistachio one some people got too, I'm a sucker for most foody smells haha

      Delete
  3. I got the same box as you apart from the Essie nail polish in different shade x

    http://wondergirlsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer your nail varnish shade! How did you feel about the box in general?

      Delete