Monday 8 April 2013

Wishlist - Confessions of a Candle Hoarder...


I've found myself wandering around shops and browsing the internet a lot lately and thinking 'I want that'. Unfortunately my money is limited and so here is a list of things I'm lusting after lately. The things that I want but I can't fully justify buying... Yet.
Yankee Candle 'Summer Scoop' Regular Tumbler
(£9.95, available HERE)
I found this candle in a local card and gift shop. With all Yankee Candles I can't resist standing over the display and sniffing anything I feel like I haven't seen before. This is a new scent for summer and it's gorgeous. Initially you get the scent of berries followed by a soft creaminess. It genuinely does smell like a rich homemade ice cream with lots of fruit. I want the tumbler rather than the jar as I haven't tried one yet, apparently they have a longer burn time too. 

Yankee Candle 'Red Velvet' Tealights
(£6.75, available HERE)
As you may have guessed I'm a little bit of a candle hoarder... This scent is amazing although it is extremely sweet so it won't be for everyone. It has a strong scent of vanilla about it along with the obviously cakey scent. I've never had a red velvet cake but this candle makes me want to make one. I want the tealights because my boyfriend bought me the cutest spider shaped candle holder for Valentines day and I need more of them to use in that. 

Chewits Xtreme Sour Apple
Last week I was in Tesco picking up a few things to make a stir fry with. As a treat I decided to buy some sweets and got two Refresher bars and two packs of these. I'd never had them before but I love sour sweets so I thought I'd give them a go. They are the juiciest sweets I've ever had. They're also not too sour that they overwhelm you. Unfortunately there's only 6 in a pack so I'm on the hunt for a wholesale box because I'm greedy. 

ASOS Roll Brim Boater Hat
(£18, available HERE)
I've been hunting for a hat like this for a few weeks now. I've had no success because every single one I've tried on has had a massive brim. The brim on this one looks so much smaller and much more flattering to my face shape. No doubt my boyfriend will be pestering me to buy this as he loves how I look in hats. I'm not going to complain though, maybe that way I'll have an excuse to buy it - to shut him up. 

Topshop Ribbed V-Front Skater Dress
(£50, available HERE)
I think I've been in Topshop, looked at this dress, wandered around the shop, gone back to this dress, picked up my size, made a few grunts, put it back and walked out talking about it around four times now. I'm not entirely sure why I won't try it on. Maybe I'm subconsciously scared that I'll fall in love with it and have to fork out fifty whole English pounds for it. The thing that attracts me most about this is the colour. I'm pretty much obsessed with this sort of coral pink at the minute. One thing I will say about this dress is that it is really heavy, so it might not be ideal for the summer. That being said, it's now April and the country is still fearing snow so maybe it would be a smart purchase. 

Jeffrey Campbell Lita Daisy
(£130, available HERE)
I love Jeffrey Campbell shoes, particularly the Lita boots. Thanks to the large platform they're very comfortable. I love the little daisy cut-outs on these. They're incredibly cute and I think they'd go perfectly with the Topshop dress. Annoyingly I banned myself from buying any new Jeffrey Campbell shoes that weren't in the sale, sigh. 

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface
I've read so much on the internet about these Tarte blushes, I've been desperate to try one but I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells these. If anyone knows anywhere that does stock this brand, please let me know. Also if you've tried these, do they deserve the hype?

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Isola Bella
(£17.50, available HERE)
Ever since I purchased one of Revlon's Kissable Balm Stains, chunky pencil lip colours have taken up about 70% of my daily thoughts. I've read some good reviews on the NARS variety of them and they have a nice selection of colours. I want Isola Bella in particular because it reminds me of MAC's Kinda Sexy which I used to wear every single day for months. I feel like this pencil might be a little more moisturising than a lipstick and as I'm vulnerable to dry lips this certainly appeals. 

Birdcage Lantern Tea Light Holder
(£19.50, available HERE)
I started with a candle, so I'll finish with a candle accessory. I think this is beautiful, I can just imagine how cosy it would make a room look with all the lights off and a tealight lit inside it. 

If I was a betting woman, which I am, I'd say I'm very likely to buy at least three things from this list. What are you lusting after at the minute? Seen any cheaper replicas of anything I want here? If you have please let me know. I hope everyone has a good week and thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment